Sunday, November 26, 2006

its beginning to look a lot like christmas


I love this time of year. Watching the kids decorate the tree. Abby has been reciting lines from the Christmas pageant all weekend. Nutcracker. Christmas recitals. It has to be the busiest time of the year for us, but I wouldn't have it any other way! This project took about 5 hours longer than I thought it would. All afternoon and most of the evening. They are Advent stockings.


There is one stocking per child per week of advent. I think I will add small treat or toy or note every day. I'll let you know how it works out. I got the idea from this gal. Great blog if you get a chance to read it every once in a while! Happy almost advent everyone!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

What a cute idea. :)

beki said...

That is a cute idea. Maybe next year I'll get around to making something for Advent. I think this year I'm only going to pick up one of those cheapo chocolate filled jobbies at World Market.

Anonymous said...

You are right. It is beginning to look a lot like Christmas. I love your creative ideas and the way your blog keeps me connected to your wonderful family.

Anonymous said...

I love the little stockings, they're so cute! Are they hung up so high so little hands can't get into them early? :)

I hope Parker's feeling better, poor little guy. That must have been a scary phone call, I got goosebumps just reading about it.