Sunday, February 18, 2007

newly in my top 5


It doesn't happen very often. Those who know me well know that I am seldomly a crier. Not that I am without feeling or sadness, but I just don't break down into tears all that often. Not the weeper. Sometimes I wish that I were. I remember why when I see movies like this that just hold your soul. This one got me. Did any of the rest of you read this book growing up? One of my all time favorites. I was cynical at best when Disney announced that a movie was coming out. An hour and a half later I was sitting in the dark theatre with those precious tears running down my face. You know, the kind of cry that starts at your toes and just overflows into alligator tears down your cheeks. Boy did they ever nail it. Abby read this book earlier in the year...and Abby has a mighty imagination. She said they were perfect!
Go and see this movie. Its about life, and friendship, and the power of imagination. All of these are awesome things for all of us to see. Take your kids. Take your husband. Go alone. Just see it. Trust me.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never read this book as a child (nor as an adult), it seems I missed out on a lot of good books as a child. In fact, I didn't realize it was a book first. Now I shall have to read it.

The movie sounds interesting, especially after your endorsement. It's ok for 5 year olds?

Anonymous said...

we are going to read it and then see it. thanks for the recommendation.

Anonymous said...

Amen to that! I loved the movie.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

The movie was co-produced by the book authors son - she based the book on his childhood relationship with his young friend, so the crying part is I think true.

I have the same question as Amanda above - is it ok to take my daughter (who is almost 5) to see the movie. She is not a real sensitive kid and I would love to take her (I mean, she saw the spider die in Charlotte's Web), but some people say it's not good for the little ones. What do you think?
Stephanie
www.mesocrafty.wordpress.com