Thursday, April 27, 2006

Gathering for Peace


Last post in reference to last weekened I promise! Now that we are quickly approaching the next weekend. I was proud to attend the Gathering for Peace at St. Paul's in Wichita last Sunday. What a great event. I have always been proud of my dad, but never more so than right now. He is an amazing man with a sense of duty and compassion rarely found these days. I can't say that I am not going to miss him terribly, but I know that the country of Iraq and the soldiers over there will be better off with him there. I know he will make an impact, as he always does. This prayer sums it up:

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace, Where there is hatred, let me sow love;where there is injury, pardon;where there is doubt, faith;where there is despair, hope;where there is darkness, light;where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive; it is in pardoning that we are pardoned; and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. St Francis of Assisi

Good luck and God speed Dad. Be a credit!

No comments: