Wednesday, December 06, 2006

waiting

Its a funny thing...waiting. As hectic as my life is these days, it seems to be full of waiting. Waiting for the girls to get out of school. Waiting at the dance studio. Waiting for the copy machine at the church. It was really starting to annoy me. I have a hard time with idle waste of time. I could be sewing, cleaning, or even doing laundry. I get antsy having to wait all of the time. The last week I have looked at this time a bit differently. Today is the 6th day of advent. We are waiting for the birth of our Lord. That's a way to put it in perspective. I'm trying to this time of waiting and make the most of it. I can sing a song with my little man while we wait for the bell to ring at school. I can work on my Christmas cards while I wait on the rehearsals for Nutcracker to be done, and think about how grateful I am to have all of these wonderful people in my life. So here I am, waiting and thanking God for all of my blessings this day.

2 comments:

beki said...

What a great perspective.

Tracy said...

Nutcracker Update! - our kids (and grandparents) our going on Saturday night the 16th - Brian and I have a Christmas party scheduled that night. Should I tell my kids to look for the "primary mouse"? :)