Monday, July 10, 2006

first try



I finally got the sewing macjine out of the basement closet and tried it out. I have to say, I have been a bit frightened by the prospect of sewing. I'm not sure why exactly, but it has had a grip on me for a while. Fear step aside because now I'm sewing. Not only did I get the machine threaded and working, I made 7 burp clothes and all three kids little wallets. Not the work of Kerry or Jan (thanks for the inspiration), but not too shabby for a first timer! I think I may have the bug. Sorry Will...Parker may have some long days at the fabric store ahead of him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

way to go heidi! you did a great job! keep it up.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you. Please thumb your nose at your husband! I had faith in you, or I would never have bought you a machine. I know how to sew and can answer questions and help you, but I sure don't seem to be able to do much sewing myself anymore. Mom