Thursday, July 06, 2006

fabulous fourth


Alright, I know this is a ton of pictures, but we had a realy great fourth of July this year. Morgan and I got up early and went to a special service here. It was great to celebrate the birth of our nation in such a grand way. The music was amazing. I love spending one on one time with my little red head whenever I can as well. Speaking of red heads, isn't the duo above just too much? That's Daniel there with Morgan. They are friends of ours and Morgan has danced with Daniel for the last several years now. We tease them about being the long lost twins. Daniel is a year and a half younger however.


Parker had the time of his life. Gone are the days of being terrified of the fireworks. Our neighborhood started setting them off as early as Friday. Parker was in heaven. The loud noises, the colors, the smell of the smoke bombs. He loved every second of it. We spent most of the evening with our neighbors. Parker even managed to flirt with the teenage girls who live next door. They spoiled him rotten most of the night.


Abby on the other hand, still has a very healthy respect of fireworks. The loud noises still bother her quite a bit. That meant she stayed at my side most of the evening...not a bad thing. She seems so grown up these days, a little bit of snuggling from a scared nine year old reminds me she is still a little girl and not a 17 year old. What can I say...good food, good friends, and fireworks. Wish you were here dad...thinking about you on this day (and all other days as well).



No comments: