Friday, May 02, 2008

not a minivan

We added a new member to our family this week!  A new car for mama!  And for the first time in a decade, its not a minivan.  It gets reasonable gas mileage (whatever that means these days), has a sweet little sunroof, and all of the kids can still be hauled around to this and that and the other thing.  Its a crossover I think.  Not a big SUV, but has a bit of room.  And its not a minivan, did I mention that already?  I am just thrilled that it was in the garage last night!  We had 70 mph winds and hail the size of quarters.  I thought we were going to blow away altogether.  When the sirens went off for the tornado warning I thought my sweet oldest gal was going to come unglued!  The rest of the fam, never woke up.  Thunder, lightning, wind, hail, rain beating down like nails on the house.  Literally, a tornado could come through the house and they wouldn't wake up!  Through it all the only casualties were the plants on my front porch.  The geraniums and taller flowers were nearly ripped out by their roots.  This pic doesn't do it justice.  They were stunning yesterday.  Sigh.  Hope all the rest of you local gals fared as well!

14 comments:

nikko said...

So glad you are safe! My kids sleep through it all, too, unless we wake them up to drag them to the safe room. ;o) The baby even sleeps through the weather alarm/radio that is in our room.

Nice ride! I'm still loving having the stretching room in a minivan, but someday something a bit more compact will be welcome.

misschris said...

heh. Well you know how it was here. Panic attacks and all! Glad we made it though.

And SWEET RIDE, chica! Woohoo! We actually thought about putting hubs' old car OUT in the driveway last night. (But we didn't AAA, we didn't. I promise.)

Jenn Maruska said...

Congrats on the new wheels! And boy, I'm glad you had it protected during that storm!

Monkey Giggles said...

My girlfriend just got one of those new addition too. She loves it. And she loves the fact it is not a mini van.

Mariss said...

Sweet ride, and a sun roof?! Awesome. Enjoy your new car that is not a minivan!

70mph winds?! Goodness. Glad your house is in tact. I also slept through Hurricane Andrew in 1991...

Anonymous said...

So what exactly is the name for this cool hybrid? :-)
Good thing you are all safe and slept through!

AM~Erica said...

Seriously, did you get an MDX? I am so jealous!

I am so glad you all are OK.

Love to you all!

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Nice ride!!

Wowwww--that sounds like some pretty scary weather! Glad you made it through all right--and that your pretty new car was in the garage or it would have had hail acne!

Smiles, Karen

Erin said...

How scary. I am so glad you all came out fine.

Love your new "not a mini-van" SUV.

Alice said...

I'm glad that your family is safe. I don't know what I'd do if I heard a tornado siren. We generally don't get them in this part of the country.

Congratulations on the new car. Isn't a sunroof just the greatest!

Sandy said...

Always fun to get a new car! Love the smell ...

Ragged Roses said...

Glad to hear you're safe.
Love the new car, take care
Kimx

Sandra Evertson said...

Love the dancers on the license plate!
Sandra Evertson

melissa said...

crazy winds! i'm glad you're all safe and sound (even if your plants are not.) congrats on buying a new car- that's always exciting!