Sunday, June 11, 2006

we heart iwig

We love Iwig Milk! This is hormone free milk that is from a dairy between Topeka and Lawrence. It comes in the old glass bottles and the taste is unbelievable! We get the skim, but it tastes better than most 2% and is a ton fresher. We even get $1.50 (half the price) back when we return the bottle. Our family goes through about 3 gallons of milk a week. The hormones and preservatives my family was taking in gave me the creeps. Especially my little girls. This was a great chance to support local commerce and give my family better nutrition at the same time. Just for fun they have chocolate milk, root beer flavored milk (tastes just like a root beer float), and strawberry milk. The even have a milk called cream top that is pasteurized but not homogenized. I haven't gotten up the guts to try that one yet. This is definitely a benefit of living in Kansas!

No comments: